After a weekend of powerful testimony of U.S. veterans
of the U.S. wars of occupation in Iraq and Afghanistan Winter Soldier,
what will you do to end these endless and criminal wars NOW?
After Bush vetoes ban on torture, including waterboarding,
what will you do to tell the world that
we won't live in a torture state?
On the 5th Anniversary of Endless and Criminal War in Iraq,
what will the world see on March 19th?
Be in Washington, DC
on Wednesday, March 19th!
Join in mobilizing, leafleting, phone banking, donating funds for determined protest!
1. Make plans to go to Washington, D.C. on the 19th.
World Can't Wait is organizing rides, vans, car caravan, leaving at 7:00 am from Union Square (east side of park at 16th Street). Call or email to reserve a spot, if you have a car or van call and volunteer to join and take others. Very important to RSVP so there will be space for everyone [ call 347-678-5905, email: firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP]. Estimated cost $40.00 round trip. Donate/reserve a space belwo so that we can rent vans if needed. Description of plans in D.C. below.
Gather with friends to view the Winter Soldier hearings and then make plans to act, going to DC and/or plans below. There will be a group showing on Friday night at Judson Memorial Church and live audio and video coverage on the internet.
2. Join in phone banking, Saturday 3-6, Sunday 4-7, and youth phone banking on Monday evening. Call 347-678-5905 to hookup. And call all your friends as well.
3. Do flyering and outreach. There will be important events to flyer at and enlist people to go to DC over the next few days: Left Forum (Saturday and Sunday), Richard Dawkins at Ethical Cultural Society on Saturday, Speak Up!/Speak Out! concert and expo on Tuesday evening Call 347-678-5905 to hookup. And do your own flyering over the next four days -- download flyer, print it and spread it.
4. Donate generously. Funds are urgently needed. Donate yourself, ask for donation from your friends. You can donate on-line below.
5. For those who can't go to D.C., meet at Grand Army Plaza Brooklyn at 6:00 PM and march on military recruitment center, join World Can't Wait Contingent.
Take action in Washington, D.C. Wednesday March 19
On March 19, World Can’t Wait, along with other organizations, plans to disrupt business as usual in Washington, D.C. Come to the home of the criminals!
Gather in Lafayette Park at 1:30 pm with people in a sea of orange jumpsuits, in solidarity with and representing those that are being tortured in Guantanamo Bay Prison, Abu Ghraib, Bagram in Afghanistan, and CIA “black sites” around the globe. A demonstration showing that waterboarding IS torture, is planned directly in front of the residence of the biggest war criminal in history.
The Park will become a rallying point for those determined to put an end to this illegitimate and immoral war, and who demand justice by driving the war criminals from Office now, not waiting until 2009! We are done with secret renditions, spying on people, lying to the public, using hundreds of signing statements to disobey laws, rounding up immigrants and detaining them in facilities still being built.
JOIN US in Washington, D.C. at the SCENE of the CRIME!
WRAP THE WHITE HOUSE IN TAPE!!!
Also Brooklyn, March 19, march on military recruitment center, meet at Grand Army Plaza @ 6:00 PM
March 22nd - 14th Street "River to River" against the war - Be part of World Can't Wait / No Torture / No War / Stop the recruiters contingent. Stay tuned for time and place and other details.
Iraq Veterans Against the War Brings Winter Soldier: Iraq and Afghanistan will feature testimony from U.S. veterans who served in those occupations, giving an accurate account of what is really happening day in and day out, on the ground.
The four-day event will bring together veterans from across the country to testify about their experiences in Iraq and Afghanistan - and present video and photographic evidence. In addition, there will be panels of scholars, veterans, journalists, and other specialists to give context to the testimony. These panels will cover everything from the history of the GI resistance movement to the fight for veterans' health benefits and support.
YOU can participate by watching live, or later, and by inviting many others to join you. Plan an event to watch the testimony together.
When: Thursday March 13 to Sunday March 16 WATCH & LISTEN LIVE
Winter Soldier will be broadcast live. Here's how you can watch and listen:
Live Video Satellite TV Friday, March 14 and Saturday, March 15 Get satellite details
- Streaming video on ivaw.org Thursday, March 13 through Sunday, March 16
- Streaming audio at warcomeshome.org Friday, March 14 through Sunday, March 16
Video and audio archives of Winter Soldier will be available after the event ivaw.org